[Main image: Pinterest]
Lift your mood and your style by swapping your sombre winter coat for a lovely shade of pink to lighten your day or evening.
(Did I just hear a gasp from many an over-40 woman?)
Banish thoughts of pink-wearing high school teenagers in movies (I’ve never actually seen the film Pretty In Pink).
From work to play, a pink coat, when styled correctly is an ageless option that can completely modernise your look.
If you are not certain the right shade of pink to suit your skin tone, hair and eye colour and skin tone, try on or hold colour up against your skin tone. If it lifts and flatters your appearance, then it’s the right shade for you.
If you’re not sure, this basic guide will help:
- Warm undertones: red-pinks, peach, deep pink, deep raspberry, coral, salmon puce
- Neutral Undertones: rose, blush, deep pink
- Cool Undertones: rose, fuchsia, purple-pinks, blush, magenta, hot pink, carnation pink
- Fair skin, blond hair: light pink, puce, baby pink, bubblegum, peach
- Medium skin, blond hair: hot pink, salmon, shocking pink, rose
- Dark skin, blond hair: bubblegum, deep pink, cerise
- Fair skin, red hair: coral, hot pink, salmon, carnation pink
- Medium skin, red hair: blush, medium pink, magenta
- Dark skin, red hair: rose, fuchsia, blush, puce
- Medium skin, dark hair: hot pink, coral, blush
- Olive skin, dark hair: salmon, coral, blush, medium pink
- Dark, skin, dark hair: baby pink, hot pink, rose pink
For a little pink-aspiration, here are some looks to help you think pink.
The post THINK PINK: SWAP WINTER’S SOMBRE BLACK COAT FOR THIS MODERN HUE appeared first on Frocknet..