It has been a long and cold winter but thankfully there’s a hint of Spring in the air. Now is the perfect time to dust off the bookshelf, declutter the spare room and embrace the new season.
If you, like some of the members of the Balance Team, are still in Winter hibernation mode and need a little encouragement – we’ve put together a few ideas to get you inspired about rearranging your space. Spring is a great time to redecorate, start renovations or buy a few things to brighten your living room as Summer approaches.
Spring cleaning suggestions:
1. Wash the windows – It’s a job we all put off but it’s amazing how different your perspective on life will be once you allow the beauty of the outside world to enter your home.
2. Have your carpets professionally cleaned – It may be costly but it will freshen up your space dramatically and ensure that the carpet stays in good condition for longer.
3. Treat yourself to new bed linen – This will instantly transform your sleeping space! Also consider adding new throw cushions to the bed and lounge room in colours that reflect the new season.
4. Clean out the pantry and ridge – There will surely be bottles of condiments that are well and truly past their used by dates!
5. Remove the mountain of paperwork – Whether it’s on your dining room table, in your office or by your bedside, we all have that pile of paperwork that we have been meaning to file away…now’s the time to clear it. Recycle your stationary and restock.
And remember how AMAZING it feels to tick things off your ‘to do’ list around the house and start afresh!