With summer well and truly behind us, it’s time to transition our makeup look from sun-kissed to a more classic, defined style.
In the cooler months, rich shades of rose, burgundy and plum suit all eye colours and skin tones and can be worn on eyes, lips and nails.
(Burgundy is also one of the hottest fashion trends).
These beauty tips will help you to wear this gorgeous colour for day and night:
Choosing the Right Shade:
- Though burgandy/plum shades are universally flattering, consider not only the shade, but also the finish. Satin and cream lipsticks have lots of moisturizing properties which are perfect for mature lips. Matt finishes make a bold evening statement.
- Burgundies with pink undertones look best on fairer skinned people. Additionally, pink-based burgundy lipsticks flatter light-haired and light-eyed beauties, as they make the color of the eyes instantly pop.
- A blue-based burgundy, isn’t too light or too dark, so it can be worn by women with light or dark eye colors
- True burgundy and maroon-based wine lipsticks are the best for medium skin tones. Avoid brown-based tones.
- Brown and red undertones of burgundy lipsticks look best on darker skin, and on those with dark eyes and dark hair.
- When wearing darker lipstick always exfoliate and moisturise your lips. Darker lipstick will highlight if your lips are dry or chapped.
- Eliminate any redness on your skin before swiping on a burgundy shade as a red or wine-colored tint on your lips will immediately call more attention to the redness on your skin. Reduce any redness with concealer before applying your favorite deep red lip color.
- Liner is essential to ensure lipstick doesn’t bleed
- When wearing burgundy lips by day, keep rest of makeup understated and minimal. Perfectly groomed eyebrows, mascara and a subtle pink blush on cheeks is all you need.
- To wear burgundy lipstick to the office, stick to the sheerest finish, like a stain, a lip balm or a gloss. A sheer balm is best for ageing or thin lips.
- By day, keep plum tones subtle by simply adding a sweep of colour to eyes
- By night, go for drama with smokey eyes or metallic shades of copper or gold eye makeup
- For evening, use a tonal burgundy colour on lips
Burgundy, wine, oxblood and plum colours suit all nail lengths and make a dramatic statement.
Final tip – though dark lips look fabulous on 20-somethings like Rihanna, all over 40 women should resist the temptation at all costs!
The post OVER 40 BEAUTY TIP: NEW SEASON MAKEUP TIPS YOU NEED NOW appeared first on Frocknet..