New research has revealed that women across the world are feeling more overwhelmed, distracted and dissatisfied than ever before, with only 15% saying they are happy with their lives.
The first of its kind Global Women’s Wellbeing Report, was conducted by wellbeing and life strategist Bella Zanesco.
The research which was collated from over 2,000 women from over 80 countries over the last two years delves into 69 core attributes of wellbeing – including core mental and physical health drivers, predictors of work satisfaction and burnout, financial wellbeing, social media habits, and self-confidence – to uncover what females globally are most challenged with.
Bella Zanesco says, “For over 15 years I did what I thought I had to do to be successful, which led me to suffer extreme burnout, adrenal failure and depression. I was forced to re-evaluate my life, and I quickly realised I was not alone in my modern day crisis. In fact, 19 – 29 year old females and 30 – 49 year of females in Australia have the lowest level of wellbeing compared to any other group in the country.”
Key findings of the Australian component of the study, which has been dubbed by leaders as transformational for all women regardless of age and life-stage, includes:
- 80% believe they will not fulfil their potential
- 71% don’t have enough energy to do what they need to do
- 72% fall into the comparison trap
- 66% are uninspired
- 68% are sleep deprived and experience signs of burnout
- 64% experience anxiety
- 60% live for weekends or holidays and would turn to another career if they had the courage
- 60% have a persistent gut health issue impacting their mental health and life
- 50% have a mental health issue relating to their work
Bella adds, “Out of everyone studied; 15% of people were happy with their lives and the three core elements that were common between everyone in this group were:
- CLARITY: They know who they are, what they want, what matters the most and believe in themselves to make it happen
- CONNECTION: They take care of their mind, body and spirit to give them energy and motivation for their lives
- CONFIDENCE: They take consistent and repeated action to choose careers, relationships and hobbies that nurture them and those around them.
Bella said her experience of hitting rock bottom and bouncing back inspired her to help others.
Over the last four years she has worked personally with hundreds of women and the good news with small and consistent daily action any woman has the potential to become part of the 15%.
To find out more about Bella Zanesco and her new book Smart Girls Screw Up Too – The no-nonsense guide to creating the life you want visit http://www.fullyexpressed.me/aboutbella/
To find out more about how you can improve your life balance and happiness, check out these articles
Want to start your own business? Find out how to turn your passion into purpose