What is anxiety? Now-a-days the feeling of anxiety has become very common among the people. Every third person is becoming the victim of this mental disorder. It is the feeling of uneasiness, worry or fear that lead to loss of willpower. We all have felt this feeling at certain stage of our life such as when sitting in examination hall or when waiting for the result of our exam or may be during a job interview. In such cases feeling anxious is quite normal and obvious but when it becomes severe and hard to control then it leads to anxiety disorder.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder
- Feeling restless, tense or nervous
- Increased heart rate and rapid breathing
- Sweating and trembling
- Troubled sleeping
- Feeling weak and tired
What Causes Anxiety Disorder?
Certain traumatic events tend to trigger this disorder in those people who are already suffering from anxiety. Sometimes anxiety is linked to underlying medical illness. It is the first symptom and indication for certain diseases which includes heart disease, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, asthma, drug misuse or withdrawal or irritable bowel syndrome. Sometimes it occurs due to the side effect of some medicines.
Other factor that gives rise to anxiety disorder is heredity. People who have this problem in their family members are prone to this disorder.
Treating anxiety disorder naturally is generally safe and effective rather than going through medication. Having some change in your diet and lifestyle will enable you to overcome the symptoms of anxiety. Also, if you take some natural supplements instead of medicines then it will benefit you, of course, by consulting your doctor.
Let us see some of the natural anxiety treatment.
- Exercise and meditation:Anxious people carry anxious energy and when they do exercise, it helps to burn the anxious energy and helps to reduce stress. Physical exertion with an active lifestyle helps to trigger the release of chemicals in the brain responsible for positive emotions. Relaxation exercises help to relax and calm down the stressed muscles. On the other hand, meditation helps to slow down the racing thoughts and makes it easy to manage stress and anxiety. The best way of meditation is yoga.
- Time management strategies:People get anxious if they have too many commitments at a time. These involve family, health and work related activities. Here anxiety can be reduced by the help of time management strategies. Making a plan of each work will help to focus on one task at a time without being tensed or stressed. Sometimes breaking a major task into small steps helps to reduce work stress.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is a natural anxiety treatmentwhich uses plant extract to treat anxiety and promotes a healthy well-being. It is often known as essential oil therapy. This treatment uses aromatic plant oils to soothe the body, mind and spirit. It reduces heart rate, enhances physical and emotional, health and gives relief from sleep issues.
- Herbal supplements:Herbal supplements possess a calming effect with no side effects as that of synthetic chemicals. But before you buy one, you should consult your doctor first.
- Spending time with animals:You won’t know that spending time with animals can help reduce your stress by half, depression and anxiety. Animals are known as stress reducer. They make you feel better and happy. They offer you love, companionship, and support and it has been confirmed through the research that animals are very beneficial to people suffering from mental health issues.
Anxiety is not a disease but a mental disorderwhich may turn to a serious condition if not treated in time. So, instead of taking medicines, try to maintain a healthy lifestyle and treat it naturally.
Tags:anxiety treatment melbourne