The end of the financial year can be a stressful time with increased pressures to achieve projected goals and feelings of anxiety and self-judgement if you think that you, or your business, are falling short.
One thing I know is that judgement doesn’t create anything. It certainly isn’t an invitation for more money to show up in your life.
Here are 10 pragmatic ways to change the energy around your finances — as long as you never give up and do whatever it takes.
- Ask for it. The simplest way to invite more money into your world is to ask for it! Does that sound way too easy? Try it and see what shows up. Ten times in the morning and 10 times at night ask: Can I have the money now please? If you were told that it’s wrong to ask for money or greedy to want too much, you may have to practice until you love asking for more money! Stand in front of your mirror and speak out loud and strong. Can I have the money now please?
- Ramp up your capacity to receive. Many things can get in the way of allowing yourself to receive. You think it’s your job to give to others — not to receive. Or you’re aware of people expecting something in return for what they gave. Receiving is not only the good things in life. When you’re willing to receive everything—mean and nasty, criticism and success you actually make more money.
- Hit the ground running. Every single morning wake up ready to hit the ground running; no lying around in bed. There’s a level of presence when you show up in your life and look at what’s required of you and what your business requires of you.
- Never judge, always be grateful. Often people in sales judge themselves over the amount of money they didn’t make in a week. What if you were grateful for every sale you made, even if it brought in $10? Judgment is like a big black hole that swallows every possibility while gratitude is expansive. Here’s a great question to ask after every sales conversation, whether it was successful or not, How does it get any better than this?
- Lighten up, yes seriously! A lot of people make business very serious and significant. Or they see business as a necessary evil to make enough money to pay the bills and have a little bit left over. If you desire to be successful then approach business from a space of lightness and joy. Money follows joy. Joy doesn’t follow money.
- The need to be right. What’s your point of view about making money? If you have decided it’s really hard to make money and are trying to prove you’re right, that’s what will show up. Your point of view creates your reality. Catch yourself when you start complaining about how hard things are, and instead ask a question like “What else is possible here that I haven’t considered?” There’s an infinitely abundant universe out there and the only one stopping you is you.
- Ask questions every day. Where else could you create money or new revenue streams easily that you hadn’t considered? Money is everywhere, if you are willing and open to receive it being that easy! Keep looking for the possibilities, and don’t give up. Every time you receive money ask: What else is possible? How does it get any better than this?
- You’re the x factor. Recognise that you are the source of your life, not money. Your ideas and enthusiasm, connections and creations invite more money into your world. If you truly desire to stand out from the crowd be as different as you truly are. No one in the world can do business the way you do. Are you willing to maximize on the possibilities that only you can create?
- Have a sense of wealth. In your purse or wallet carry around the amount of cash you think a rich person would carry. How much do you think that is? $1,000 or $2000? Because I travel so much I often have cash in different currencies. Each time I open my purse and see a wad of cash it makes me feel abundant with money. For me, this works. If you’re worried about losing the money, know that when you carry a large enough amount, you suddenly become very aware of it!
- The 10% account. If you only put one of these 10 tools into practice let this be it. Set aside 10% of all the money that comes in just for you. It’s not for a rainy day or a relationship break-up. It’s not to spend, ever! Start today and over time as this account grows you’ll get more peaceful and worry less. When you don’t have an underlying anxiety about money, your time and energy are free to create a greater business and a bigger life.
Simone Milasas is a dynamic business leader with a difference. She has founded and operated many businesses from a young age and always done business different. Today, Milasas is a director of multiple companies. For the last 14 years Simone has been the Worldwide Coordinator of Access Consciousness® helping grow the business into a multimillion-dollar company operating in 173 countries. Simone also presents seminars globally based on her popular book Joy of Business. To sign up for the free “Put the fun back into your business” video series visit http://www.accessjoyofbusiness.com