Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Makes 6 portions
6 chicken Maryland
600g new potatoes
400g truss cherry tomatoes
1 bunch fresh oregano, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Murray River Sea Salt to taste
- Place the potatoes in a perforated steam tray and steam at 100°C for 20 minutes.
- Halve the Maryland’s so you have individual drumsticks, and chicken thighs. Place a Gourmet oven dish on medium-high heat, Induction setting 7, and place the chicken pieces skin side down so they get a nice golden colour.
- Once the chicken is golden, remove the dish from the heat, remove the chicken and set aside in a large bowl.
- Lightly crush the potatoes by pushing down on them with your thumb. Add to the bowl with the chicken.
- Add the tomatoes, oil, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and half the oregano with a generous pinch of salt.
- Toss everything together and place back into the oven dish, making sure your chicken is skin side up.
- Roast in the oven on Fan Plus at 160°C for 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven, drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with oregano.
Hints & Tips
This dish is delicious served with a simple watercress or rocket salad.
Appliance/Function: Fan Plus, Induction Cooktop, Steam Oven