I was driving to meet a pal for dinner in the packed suburb of Potts Point the other night and as I was approaching the ‘find a park’ zone I decided to try a new tack and manifest myself a vacant spot to park my Mini. Some of you may think that’s a bit ‘out there’ but when you live in Sydney and understand that finding a place to park your car is as scarce as a Sydney train running on time, you’d understand that desperate measures require new ways of thinking!
I’m a great believer in manifestation and the power that positive thoughts create. So I decided to really put it to the test… I kept saying to myself, “my car spot is about to appear”. And sure enough, after driving slowly down the main street I spotted one on the opposite side of the road, did a quick ‘u-turn’ and grabbed it with four very determined wheels. Bingo!
Some would say that’s great luck and I agree in this particular example, but to some extent I also believe that what ever thoughts you put out into the universe, they have the power to create an experience. You won’t find me driving down the same street saying “I’m never going to get a car space!”.
It’s the same if I’m feeling like I’m coming down with something. Of course I bombard myself with extra vitamins, supplements, pro-biotics, good food and early nights but I also refuse to entertain any thought that I might get sick. I will not even mouth the words as I don’t want to put those thoughts in my head…and especially not hear them!
We have had many people on Balance that I’ve spoken to that are also true believers in what you think and focus on becomes your reality. Recent guests Simone Milasas, Dr Dain Heer, Megan Dalla-Camina have all spoken of it. Even my gorgeous friend Megan Castran who many years ago popped a photo of her guru Oprah on her vision board only to have Oprah come knock on her front door during her much publicised visit to Australia and invite herself in for Megan’s weekly taco night with her girlfriends! True story. The point is, that you can manifest your desires. Each thought you have informs your energy, and your energy manifests into your experiences. Your thoughts and energy create your reality.
So how can we manifest good things coming into our lives?
Of everything I’ve read about it, this is pretty much the sum of it:
- Firstly, be honest with yourself about how your negative thoughts affect you. And I talked about this last week…are you a glass half full or half empty person?
- Once you clear the blocks and rid yourself of negative thoughts, you’ll be more open to receiving positive energy and therefore opportunities.
- Be very clear about what your intentions are, focus on what you desire. Be specific, make a list of exactly what it is you’re after so you have a clear mental picture of what it looks like.
- Think it, believe it and feel it. Take the time to feel what it’s like to achieve your goals. Trust in it. Spend a little time everyday focusing on the picture and believing it.
- Don’t panic, don’t be impatient. Believe and have faith that the universe will deliver when the timing is right
Finally, my good friend Lyndall Mitchell says she is:
“a big believer that having a vision in life is essential to creating the life you want to create.”
Lyndall gave us some great tips about manifestation and how to do this visually with a vision board. Click here to read that article.
It may take a bit of practice but I honestly believe that by following the principles of manifestation and creating positive energy you will be heading in the right direction for achieving your desires in life. And isn’t that what Balance is all about…oh and getting a car park of course!