By Noni Boon
If you want to achieve balance in your body, mind and spirit, learning how to be responsible for losing energy is more important than knowing how to create or replenish it.
We all know that creating positive energy comes through doing things that you enjoy. I achieve this by riding my horse, jogging, doing yoga, having a massage, rumbling with my dogs, walking in the bush or spending time with family and friends.
Spending time with myself, nurturing myself and indulging myself produces energy in my chakra system which is then distributed throughout my body and cell tissue, keeping me healthy and well.
Losing energy is all too easy, and you could be unknowingly letting your precious vitality leak out of you on a daily basis. You lose energy by worrying about the future, staying locked in a bad past experience or obsessing about a conflict. Because these thoughts and memories are fear-based or attached to unresolved grief, they produce negative emotions and energy is lost at a fast rate.
Replaying an argument over and over in your mind, then silently rehearsing what your next move might be can drain up to 80 per cent of your daily energy reserves. Whenever I have carried resentment or fed drama in my life, I have felt exhausted, looked terrible and inevitably become sick with a sore throat virus due to the blockages in my fifth chakra.
In your body you have seven chakras that are the energy centres via which energy flows into you, through you and out of you. Having an understanding of your chakras makes it possible for you to be mindful of how you create and also use your energy. Ask yourself the following seven questions to identify possible energy leaks:
- Root chakra: Who am I in conflict with?
- Sacral chakra: Am I creating the life I deserve?
- Solar plexus chakra: Do I feel good about myself?
- Heart chakra: Am I holding on to the past?
- Throat chakra: Am I speaking up for myself?
- Third eye chakra: What are my beliefs?
- Crown chakra: What am I afraid of?
Affirmative remedies to help balance your chakras
- Think of the colour red and focus on the base of your spine. Say out loud: “I honour other people.”
- Think of the colour orange and focus on your lower abdomen. Say out loud: “I am sexual and creative.”
- Think of the colour yellow and focus on your solar plexus. Say out loud: “I honour myself.”
- Think of the colour green and focus on your heart. Say out loud: “I let go of the past.”
- Think of the colour blue and focus on your throat. Say out loud: “I honour my self-expression.”
- Think of the colour indigo and focus on your forehead (between your eyes). Say out loud: “I believe in myself.”
- Think of the colour violet and focus on the top of your head. Say out loud: “I now find my strength.”
Although there is much more to your chakra system and all of the emotional influences that either speed it up or slow it down, this will give you a lot to think about and provide you with a good start to getting on track and safeguarding your health and wellbeing.
About Noni Boon
Noni Boon has spent 26 years studying the balance of body, mind and spirit. Having started off as an aerobics instructor and personal trainer, Noni went on to study psychology and spirituality. She has developed five simple principles that help people who feel hopeless and lost, who are surviving as opposed to living, to turn their lives around and totally transform themselves.