There is nothing better than a sun-kissed glow to build your confidence and make you feel beautiful especially in spring/summer when we bare a little more skin.
If you have a busy schedule and don’t like the idea of booking into a tanning salon, within under an hour you can get a golden glow from a quick and easy self-tanning product.
You may already have your favourite self-tanner – but if you’re looking for a super-quick and easy self tanner, one of my absolute favs is Model Co’s Instant Tan Self-Tan Lotion which gives a sun-kissed glow in a flash. Formulated with antioxidant-rich ingredients like argan oil, aloe vera, and coconut oil that hydrates and nourishes the skin, this self-tanner is non-greasy and glides on evenly and doesn’t streak. It does have a coconut scent, not too overpowering, and is suitable for all skin types in Medium or Dark.
When I’m in a super-hurry, I’ll just apply it to arms, décolletage and legs. I have used without exfoliating and it has been fine, however I wouldn’t recommend this too often as it doesn’t apply as well. I don’t use it on my face but opt for a bronzing powder instead.
If you’re a self-tanning novice, sprays can be hard to manage so start with a lotion or gel formula that is easier to apply.
To get the smoothest, most streak-free result, always prepare the skin before application, as follows:
- Shave (if hair removal required)
- Exfoliate all over your body including feet, ankles and elbows, with a gentle, non-irritating scrub and a soft mitt or loofah if preferred
- Moisturise again after shower
- Disposable gloves – many self-tanning experts advise that disposable gloves provide easier and better coverage, however it’s personal choice
- Start from the bottom and work your way up. Don’t stop and be sure to blend evenly over skin.
- Best to wear loose clothing after application
Schick Hydro Silk Razor from supermarkets and pharmacies; The Body Shop Hemp Mitt, $14.95, http://www.thebodyshop.com.au; Palmolive Coconut Body Butter Coconut Scrub $5.96 from leading pharmacies and supermarkets; Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula $9.45 400ml from leading pharmacies and supermarkets; Model Co Blend Buffing Mitt Reusable Self Tan Application Mit $12, http://www.modelcocosmetics.com; Model Co Instant Tan Self-Tan Lotion $16, as before.