One of THE most essential beauty steps that the over-40 woman simply cannot miss is wearing mascara. With just a few waves of the wand, you can look ‘wide awake and alert’ in an instant.
New Age Mascara
If you are still using your favourite brand from 25 years ago, it’s time for a change. Mascara is no longer a little tube of black liquid with a basic brush – it’s a technologically advanced beauty product that can lengthen, lift, curl, add volume or literally grow your lashes with just a few sweeps.
And a one-size-fits-all basic brush? Mais non. Today’s wands resemble space-age tools that are designed for your specific needs. Curled, separation, lengthening or fullness – there’s a wand to suit every lash type.
How to Choose the Right Mascara
With so many brands and products on the market, how do you choose the right one? These simple tricks will take the guesswork out of choosing a mascara to suits your needs:
1. Firstly consider what you want your mascara to do. Are you eyelashes straight and need a lift? Do you like the look of curled lashes? Do you have thin lashes and need volume? Or are your lashes short and need lengthening. Once you understand the look you want to create, choosing the right mascara will be easier.
2. The style of brush generally determines the look of the mascara:
If your lashes are on the thinner, shorter side, a mascara brush shaped like a comb will help grab and coat every single lash with minimal clumping.
Tapered wands are great to plumpen and separate lashes due to the volume at the base and thinning out towards the tip. It’s also particularly good for getting in the corner of eye and also along the lower lash line.
To add lift and curl to lashes, choose a curved wand.
To add volume and fullness choose a brush that is large and fat.
If you need to lengthen lashes, opt for a thicker brush with a tapered tip.
3. Tips and Tricks
- For best results, apply two or three coats
- If your lashes are sparse, consider using a lash primer to promote lash growth
- Try a lash lift which can last up to 12 weeks and alleviates the need to apply mascara everyday. Caution – may not be good for those with sensitive eyes.
The post THE OVER-40 BEAUTY HACK FOR WIDE-AWAKE EYES IN AN INSTANT appeared first on Frocknet..